Vote for Me!

You can vote once a day!!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lake Superior North Shore in March

The sun was shining, my house was clean and I didn't want to spend money today. With plans to go to Duluth's Lakewalk for a stroll, we got a little side tracked and turned left instead of right at highway 61. Thank goodness I remembered my camera. Destination? Gooseberry Falls. The trip was worth a little bit of comedy...there are stairs that go down to the falls and when you get to the bottom this time of year, it is pure ice...

After I got my shots, I started back to my daughter and hubby as a family of 5 were coming down...Mom warns the teen sons "if you didn't know, it's really icy down here" as they skip down the stairs. Son #1 steps of the last step and BAM! Down he goes! Son #2 is just steps behind him...last step down, BAM! down he goes...Yes, I was laughing inside and really wanted to stay and see how many people did the same thing. I know, I know, it was wrong and I am glad nobody was hurt but it really was funny! So here are the pics from our little journey up the shore.

Gooseberry Falls...Still frozen

Upper Falls
Silver Creek Cliff Tunnel heading back home

Icy branches

Ice orbs 

Icy love birds...

Ice falls

Ice branch

Lonely bird

Icy Point

Love Geese!

Ice bench

McQuade Safe harbor

Safety Beacon

Waiting for Spring
Hope you enjoyed! Comments are appreciated...let me know if you have any questions about the North Shore of Lake Superior. If I don't know it, I will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment