Vote for Me!

You can vote once a day!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Favorite Places



Maui will forever and ever hold a place in my heart as my most favorite place to visit. I would bet that would change if I were to go somewhere else secluded and tropical like say...oh French Polynesia, Fiji, Phuket...Honey? are you listening? Hint, Hint, Hint, nudge, nudge...oh thats right, he doesn't read this. I guess I will have to start ordering brochures. After all, it will be our 25th anniversary in 18 months.

There are a couple of things that I don't like about Maui...and I feel that they are small enough to overcome the discomfort just to be there. First and foremost are the flights! Coming from where I am at in Minn-soh-ta, it requires at minimum 3 flights if I don't want a 3 hour drive to MSP...add to that the layovers blah, blah, blah. See, its not that I can't handle the flights and the layovers, its the others that I am flying with that get a bit impatient. Did I say a bit? I meant A LOT!!!

Secondly, everything you heard about prices of food...well, most of it is true but you just have to know how to eat. Give up on milk while you are there. A gallon of milk was more expensive than a pound of New York Strip! Yes we did well and on a budget so it can be done!

I will leave you with a picture of our 2 night in a row dessert special from Duke's Beach House-Kaanapali at the Honua Kai Resort...It consists of a cookie crumb crust, macadamia nut ice cream topped with a chocolate ganace, fudge, chopped nuts and the requisite whipped cream...I can taste the islands....darn, I made my mouth water. ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment