Vote for Me!

You can vote once a day!!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream (Nightmare) of Travel Snafus

You ever have one of those dreams where you wake up and go OMG, I am so glad I woke up?!? That happened to me this morning. I am beginning to think that I need to take a trip just to quell the dreams...

In my dream, I was still working at my old, old place of employment but with my current coworkers which is weird in and of itself. It starts at the airport which is 'just across the street' from the office. I get through security only to find out the plane is delayed. Then I realize that I forgot my laptop at the office! As a technology geek and knowing my job requires my computer (ok, my sanity as well) I tell my coworkers I have to go get my laptop and since the plane is delayed, I am going to run and get it. After all, the office is 'just over there'.

As I am going out the door, getting yelled at by security (like THAT ever happens...) I turn back and see the passengers coming off the jet bridge. The plane won't be delayed as much as I thought, I better hurry! So I run across the skywalk (we have those in Minnesota instead of tunnels) and the elevator door is open but the elevator isn't coming all the way down. So, what do I do? I crawl on top of the car and try to push the button. Doesn't work! Oh no, I am going to miss my plane! I get off and plan on taking the stairs up to the 5th floor. As I run through the hallways, I realize that they remodeled the floors, and I have no clue where I am going. I end up in the mechanical room with a catwalk (different than a skywalk). I turn around and the door slams shut behind me! Of course it does...it's a dream! So I run across the catwalk and find the stairs. I rush up to the office. As I pass the windows, I see the plane flying over Lake Superior. They left early. FIGURES!

Sorry guys, I won't be getting to Abbeville today! (Yes, Abbeville of all places! It's in South Carolina, btw!)

Sigh of relief when I hear my son in the hallway coming to wake me up. Any ideas of what this type of dream means? Maybe I need to take a trip sooner rather than later? What do you think? What is the weirdest dream you have had recently?

2 comments: