Vote for Me!

You can vote once a day!!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Minneapple Turned Rotten

Let's just say my work trip to Minneapolis turned into a huge disappointment. It wasn't the easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy job like I thought.

What was supposed to be a quick trip with a simple software upgrade turned into 2 days from Hades and the worst part? I didn't get to Ikea. I was also expecting to take a trip to the Mall of America for some people watching but that too was just a blur as I drove past. Actually, I slowed down and cried a little as I drove past it but I can't tell if it was from the stress of the day or because I was sad I couldn't go shoe shopping.

The drive down on Wednesday wasn't too bad, save for the rain. The other drivers on the road were actually pretty courteous. There were not rants from me and no bad words being tossed out at the other drivers. I did have to throw one of my looks at someone as I passed them for the third time but all in all the drive was good. The worst part of that drive was the fact that I drank 2 large cups of coffee before leaving home. In true fashion, I like to see how long I can go before I HAVE to stop. Made it almost all the way there! Then I stopped for a Diet Coke and Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Yes, for breakfast. Don't judge.

I won't bore you with the details of the sh**-storm I had at work for two days...but let's just say that I stopped at the Dairy Queen on my way home and had a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Bowl Sundae...THAT should tell you what kind of 2 days I had. And yes, I ate the whole thing. And no, I did NOT have something healthy to eat first...that would have delayed my satisfaction longer.

Rush hour is always interesting. You see people driving with their heads up their butts, people eating, picking their noses and of course on their cell phones; sometimes you see them doing all!

Last night, there was this wimpy guy who thought he was cool. (You can just tell by the way he sits in his car) He was driving a silver Saturn wagon type thing in the fast lane. Managing to make my life even more miserable than it was. He was insisting on going slower than he should, speeding way up, slowing down, speeding up. It was making me nauseous up, down, up down...and I could't pass him because of the slow people in the slow lane. Go figure. This displays the ineptness. I had my cruise control on by this time so I know it wasn't me!




At one point he had to be going 80 mph. Because I was going the speed limit like a good little girl.

And yes, the Dirty Fairy visited me again! This time, it wasn't bad but still...more to come on that.

Home sweet home!




No comments:

Post a Comment