Vote for Me!

You can vote once a day!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

New River Gorge Bridge

Last week, I was in the great state of West Virginia. This is the first time that I was REALLY there where I didn't just drive across the border to say that I had been to that state. Yes, I have done that a couple of times. I have a goal that gets me to all of the states in my lifetime. So, when I found myself with some extra time, which NEVER happens when I am traveling for work, and the only time it ever happens is when I am somewhere like WV, never someplace fun like NYC or Seattle. I think its a conspiracy going on...anyway, I digress. This day was cloudy but I took a drive with a coworker to the New River Gorge bridge at the suggestion of our client. I really just wanted to see a bridge so high that people base jump (insert rant about the insanity of people here) from it and there is a whole day dedicated to this sport. Okay, call me flipping crazy but I would love to try bungee jumping off this thing! I emphasize TRY because I am afraid of heights and most likely would wuss out once I had my ankle strapped into the bungee. Just thinking about it makes my coffee tumble around like clothes in a dryer. In case you are interested, here is the link for Bridge Day: http://www.officialbridgeday.com/new-river-gorge

The attached picture is from the scenic outlook. Now, being the adventurous person I am, I took the rental Impala down the back roads to try and find a better vantage point...yeah sure you betcha! Well needless to say, I didn't find a better spot to take a picture...which, as an aspiring photographer, was a bit of a bummer, but how aspiring can you get if you are only using your cell phone camera? Well, the back road WAS an adventure. The road was pretty much a one lane road but the surprising thing is? IT WAS SMOOTH! It was nice to take a drive that didn't have the thump, thump, thump of the frost heave cracks or the teeth-jarring BAM! of driving in and out of a sinkhole they refer to as 'potholes' like you can in Northern Minnesota.

No exciting adventures for me this week unless you count going to the grocery store which, at the beginning of the month can be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment